Countless unforgettable moments in the snow - even for non-skiers!
Winter holidays in Saalbach-Hinterglemm don’t just mean skiing and snowboarding in one of Austria’s most beautiful ski areas - there is also plenty going on for non-skiers:
- Ski touring - Ski tourers, and those who want to be, will find countless interesting and varied routes in the Kitzbühel Alps. Even the most strenuous ascent is rewarded with a firn or powder snow descent through untouched slopes!
- Cross-country skiing - Saalbach-Hinterglemm offers excellent cross-country skiing conditions. Both the Talschluss circuit (10 km) and the Hinterglemm high altitude circuit (2 km) are groomed daily, offering enjoyable exercise in the fresh mountain air.
- Tobogganing - 3 toboggan routes invite you to enjoy fun on two runners in Saalbach-Hinterglemm: Reiterkogel toboggan run (3.2 km), Spielberghaus toboggan run (3 km) and the Maisalm toboggan run (2 km). Toboggans are available to hire on all 3 runs. Some of the toboggan routes are also floodlit at night, offering the perfect opportunity for a rest stop after a hearth-thumping race.
- Snowshoe hikes - away from pistes and ski routes, across snowy slopes and meadows - this mode of transportation is a special experience and is guaranteed to inspire you. Every Saturday, experienced hiking guides show you the most popular routes and trudge by your side through the snow to remote, unspoilt spots which invite you to linger in the sun.
- Winter hiking - a snowy winter landscape and glittering ice crystals lure you to wonderful winter hikes in the fresh mountain air. Saalbach-Hinterglemm offers 22 groomed winter hiking trails over a total of 140 km. In addition, the Tourist Board offers free guided hikes.
- Ice skating - Whether you’re young or young at heart, this winter sport will beckon you onto the ice and invite you to take a leisurely turn. In Saalbach-Hinterglemm there is an ice rink just after the Zwölferkogel lift on the left-hand-side, in the direction of the valley.
- Ice stock shooting - this convivial team sport requires precise, pinpoint targeting. Exciting and funny at the same time. In Saalbach-Hinterglemm the ice rink is just after the Zwölferkogel lift on the left-hand-side, in the direction of the valley.
- Fun sports - quad biking in the Glemmy Offroad Park, riding a piste basher, an ice kart or a snowmobile - all designed to ensure that adventure-seekers get their money’s worth!
- Paragliding - Saalbach-Hinterglemm and the Salzburg mountain world from a bird’s eye view. Anyone wanting to indulge this whim should head to "Fly'n Soul Tandem-Paragliding" (Saalbach-Hinterglemm), "Air Star" (Saalfelden) or "Leonardo Flights" (Leogang).